EIN for Your Overseas Shipment

An EIN is required for US Citizens with an export shipment value over $2500.

Beginning September 4, 2009, the Foreign Trade Division of the U.S. Census Bureau requires all U.S. Citizens shipping household goods / personal effects valued over $2500 to obtain a personal EIN (Employee Identification Number) before the shipment will be permitted to be exported from the United States.

The application process is quick and easy and can be completed by telephone by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-4933 or online (IRS.gov) by following the step-by-step instructions below: